At Yup, we're all about empowering our students to guide their own learning! Sometimes, students may not understand what a word means, or would like something explained differently. Other times students aren’t 100% sure of their answer, but would like to take a guess or ask for clarification.
With student quick responses, students can easily communicate their needs:
- Word Meaning
- "I'm confused. What is the meaning of the word..."
- Explain Differently
- "I'm confused. Can you explain that in a different way?"
- Ask for Example
- "I'm not sure. Can you show me any example?"
- Show What I Know
- "I'm not sure if this helps, but I learned in class that..."
- Clarity Problem
- "I don't know if this is right but the question is asking me to..."
- Guess Next Step
- "This is just a guess, but is the next step to..."
Students can follow these steps to use quick responses:
- Tap on the orange speech bubble icon on the right hand side of the screen where students input text
- Choose the best canned response
- Adjust the text (optional)
- Tap “Send”