Please note this article only applies to the Yup mobile app (iOS and Android).
At Yup, we're all about empowering our students to guide their own learning! Sometimes, students may not understand what a word means, or would like something explained differently. Other times students aren’t 100% sure of their answer, but would like to take a guess or ask for clarification.
With student quick responses, students can easily communicate their needs:
- Word Meaning
- "I'm confused. What is the meaning of the word..."
- Explain Differently
- "I'm confused. Can you explain that in a different way?"
- Ask for Example
- "I'm not sure. Can you show me any example?"
- Show What I Know
- "I'm not sure if this helps, but I learned in class that..."
- Clarity Problem
- "I don't know if this is right but the question is asking me to..."
- Guess Next Step
- "This is just a guess, but is the next step to..."
Students can follow these steps to use quick responses:
- Tap on the orange speech bubble icon on the right hand side of the screen where students input text
- Choose the best canned response
- Adjust the text (optional)
- Tap “Send”